So you want to get more listeners or viewers to your B2B podcast? That’s no surprise. Podcasts offer a ton of great benefits to businesses, like:
- Improving brand awareness
- Increasing authority
- Building meaningful relationships
- Providing reusable content
- Boosting conversions
Of course, that’s all easier said than done. Developing a stellar podcast and getting the right audience to tune in takes time and effort. But what if it were just a little easier? That’s where a podcast marketing platform comes in. It provides the tools and data you need to promote your podcast more quickly and easily. There are also some proven strategies you can use to increase your odds of success. Keep reading to find out more about our top seven tips for success, including creating great content, using the best social media to promote your podcast, and employing real-time data.
How Do I Attract More Listeners to My Podcast That’s B2B-Focused?
We probably don’t have to tell you that growing a podcast doesn’t happen overnight; you need the right marketing strategies and tactics to attract the right crowd. Fortunately, there are a number of tried and true methods you can use to get podcast listeners or viewers tuning in. Take these seven for example:
1. Be Engaging and Educational — Not Salsey
We admit it — we love weird 1990s and 2000s infomercials. They’re just so quirky and off-beat. But, they’re a sales pitch at the end of the day. That’s the exact opposite of what your podcast should be. Instead, focus on providing engaging, educational content — and if you can work some fun in there, we encourage that, too! So what does this mean?
- Engaging content is, well, engaging. It draws listeners or viewers in and keeps their attention throughout the episode. If you’re struggling with this, you might try to focus on developing a podcast tone or personality consistent with your brand, storytelling, and inviting unique guests or industry experts to shake things up.
- Educational content is informative. Especially when it comes to B2B podcasts, you’ve got to provide real value for your listeners. That means offering advice and best practices, taking a thought leader stance in your area of expertise, and answering questions or exploring pain points you know your target audience deals with.
2. Discuss Relevant Topics
What draws people to a podcast? For starters, it’s got to be about a topic they’re interested in. For B2B podcasts, that means your episodes need to cover core, relevant topics that resonate with your customers, prospects, and the industry at large. Chances are, your sales, marketing, and customer experience teams hear about confusion and pain points on a daily basis, so check in with them as you’re planning your topics. You might even consider polling your customers or existing listeners to find out what kinds of things they’re interested in hearing about. In short: give the people what they want!
3. Find Your Social Media Niche
Whether you love or hate social media, you’ve got to admit that it’s an effective way to interact with people — including your target audience — and it can be a real boost to organic podcast growth. But that doesn’t mean that you’ve got to spend your time and effort on every social channel out there. Hone in on the few where your audience spends the most time. For B2B companies, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube tend to be the big players, so a combination of them is a safe place to start.
From there, it’s all about creating fun, engaging posts. Ask questions. Make announcements about new episodes. Post clips, also called audiograms or videograms, that highlight a particularly thought-provoking quote. And, use Casted to save you time. With our platform, you can create quick audiograms and videograms by searching auto-generated transcripts. The best part? They’re all sized for your favorite social media channels.
4. Build Great Email Marketing Campaigns
We’ve all seen email marketing campaigns we like… and we’ve all seen one or two that totally miss the mark. Obviously, when it comes to growing your podcast audience, you’ve got to create an email campaign that is click-worthy. The best podcast email marketing campaigns:
- Have a descriptive and attention-grabbing subject line
- Include visuals like screenshots to immediately draw folks in
- Provide a link to see more — whether that’s to your landing page or a social media channel
- Elaborate on some takeaways or key topics from the episode
Consider A/B testing your email campaigns to understand more about your performance and how to get more podcast listeners, open rates, and click-through rates.
5. Leverage Email Signatures
This one’s easy! Consider creating a graphic or tagline for your podcast (with a link, of course) that employees in your company can add to their email signature. Especially for employees with external-facing roles, they’re interacting with customers and prospects on a daily basis. Why not use their communications as a way to subtly advertise your podcast?
6. Use SEO to Your Advantage
When done correctly, SEO (search engine optimization) is a great tool for how to get your podcast out there. But wait! Doesn’t SEO refer to written content? It sure does, but the great thing about podcasts is that with just a few tweaks, you can use them to create high-quality, SEO-driven content.
To get started, you’ll need a transcript of your podcast. With Casted, you can get automated transcripts of each of your episodes, so you don’t have to worry about transcribing it all yourself. From there, pull some or all of your text to begin developing a shorter, coherent blog post. The key here is to ensure the content you reuse, and anything else you add to it, is high quality. Next, add in any high-value keywords you’re targeting. Consider adding embedded videos or other visuals, too!
7: Be Data-Driven
Of course, every marketer knows that even the best laid plans go awry. But data can help you stay on course as much as possible. Most podcast marketing platforms provide high-level data points like number of downloads and number of subscribers. And while that information is certainly important, to really generate better marketing and podcast content ideas, you’ve got to go further. Casted’s Measure tool makes it easy to:
- Access behavior metrics and traffic information for episodes, collections, and series
- Track campaigns, contacts, and accounts that are more engaged
- See the items and episodes that are driving the most value
- Develop a strategic strategy based on real-time analytics
Casted: Empowering the Best B2B Podcasts
By now, it’s probably apparent that at Casted we eat, sleep, and breathe podcasts. Not only that, but we’re driven to help B2B podcasts attract greater audiences, develop marketing strategies, create great content, and ultimately succeed. With Casted, you can:
- Publish podcasts and videos
- Increase content ROI
- Know your audience
- Search existing content
Interested in learning more? Reach out to schedule a demo or take Casted for a three-minute test drive.