If you are one of the over 82 million people who listen to podcasts in the US, then you know how great they can be. They are fun, educational, entertaining, and convenient to listen to when on the road or doing other things. With their wide appeal, it’s no wonder that many companies have started including them in their marketing strategy. If that idea tickles your eardrums, we at Casted are here to help.
We provide the B2B podcast marketing platform you need to get started. All you need are the ideas and the equipment. Let’s take a closer look at how a podcast marketing strategy works and what you can do to have success with it.
How Does Podcast Marketing Work?
Like with any marketing effort, a podcast strategy begins with an idea. When creating a podcast for marketing purposes, that idea can’t just be on whatever topic you find interesting. You have to focus on a subject that your company has expertise in and that interests your target audience. For automotive part distributors, that could be automotive innovations. For those in the healthcare industry, it could be about the latest research in the field. Whatever the case, find your niche and use it.
Keep in mind that marketing works to show the value of what your company has to offer. Your podcast can provide educational value, for example. When you teach your audience something in each episode, it’ll keep them coming back for more. After all, learning something new is the main reason why people listen to podcasts. You can also sprinkle in more information about your company and your offerings during your episodes so your listeners get a better sense of who you are and what you can do for them.
With a podcast marketing platform like Casted, you can expand how you use your podcast marketing by tapping into other channels. For example, Casted allows you to publish both podcasts and videos. When you record video during your podcasts, you give audience members who have the time to sit down and watch it a more social experience. It can help you build a relationship with your audience. With our Insights features, you can see which episodes are performing the best to give you a better sense of what information to expand upon for your other pieces of content.
Casted will also create transcriptions of all your podcasts. You can then use those transcriptions to create other content for your website, such as blog posts and email blasts. With a podcast marketing platform, you have the means to increase the number of resources on your website using the same information.
Where Can I Advertise My Podcast?
You can advertise your podcast wherever you want! Ideally, though, you’ll want to focus on the places and platforms where your audience spends the most time. For example, if most of your customers use LinkedIn to interact with your brand, you’ll want to share information about your latest episodes there. With podcast statistics related to how customers are finding your episodes, you can see which channels are directing the most listeners to your podcast. This data will show you on which of these channels to spend more ad money to further boost your outreach.
Here are just a few of your many options for where you can advertise your podcast:
- Email lists
- Google Ads
- Promotional Podcast Content
How to Promote a Podcast on Social Media
- Start with the social media platform that most of your target audience uses. As tempting as it may be to use as many social media platforms as possible, you risk spreading yourself — and your marketing funds — too thin.
- Make a podcast launch announcement if you don’t already have a podcast. That will let your audience know to look out for it. Include information on what the podcast is about, when the first episode will be released, and how often you plan on releasing.
- Post regularly on social media about your podcast as well as other updates or products and services you offer. With regular posting, your audience has a better chance of keeping your company top of mind and building a relationship with you. You can post about new episodes, provide summaries of old episodes, or hint at future episodes. You can even include short clips from one of your podcasts to give your followers an idea of what it’s all about.
- Interact with your audience. If they comment on your posts, respond to them. You can also follow other companies or leaders and comment on their posts. It builds rapport and shows others that you are part of a human-run business. Make sure to respond to any negative feedback with positivity rather than retaliation.
- Find other people who can help promote your podcast on their pages. These can be other customers who were satisfied working with you or a company from a different industry that relates to yours in some way. For example, if you offer financial services to companies, you might find banks or lenders who would recommend your podcast.
- Monitor your results to see what’s working and what’s not in your strategy. Keeping track of podcast listener numbers or number of shares will help. Podcast marketing platforms like Casted can measure those statistics for you.
Track the Success of Your Podcast Marketing Strategy with Casted
Casted makes it easy to target the right audience and to track the metrics that matter to you — both key elements in a successful podcast marketing strategy. How do we do that? Our platform created by B2B marketers shows you exactly who is interacting with your content. Our metrics will also show you:
- Which episodes and formats are performing well
- Audience size and loyalty
- What your audience uses to listen to your podcast
- How they find your podcast
To learn more about our platform and how it’ll help you fit a podcast into your marketing strategy, schedule a demo with us.